Ahmadi, Kuwait - 54354
Drive vehicles with capacities under three tons in order to transport materials to and
from specified destinations such as railroad stations, plants, residences and offices, or
within industrial yards.
Inspect and maintain vehicle supplies and equipment, such as gas, oil, water, tires, lights,
and brakes in order to ensure that vehicles are in proper working condition.
Load and unload trucks, vans, or automobiles.
Obey traffic laws, and follow established traffic and transportation procedures.
Read maps, and follow written and verbal geographic directions.
Verify the contents of inventory loads against shipping papers.
Maintain records such as vehicle logs, records of cargo, or billing statements in
accordance with regulations.
Perform emergency repairs such as changing tires or installing light bulbs, fuses, tire
chains, and spark plugs.
Present bills and receipts, and collect payments for goods delivered or loaded.
Report any mechanical problems encountered with vehicles.
Report delays, accidents, or other traffic and transportation situations to bases or other
vehicles, using telephones or mobile two-way radios.
- High school diploma or GED; at least 1 year of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Completed degree(s) from an accredited institution that are above the minimum education requirement may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis.
- Knowledge of materials handling equipment and procedures.
- Ability to drive motor vehicles.
- Ability to understand and follow specific instructions and procedures.
- Ability to use hand and power tools applicable to trade.
- Knowledge of light equipment operation and/or maintenance.
- Knowledge of basic vehicle inspection and maintenance including tire pressure, checking oil and water levels.
- Ability to read, understand, follow, and enforce safety procedures.